Sunday, July 15, 2012

Round of Applause

The other day when Simon was whining about who knows what, I decided on a whim to try something. As luck should have it, he stopped whining and started laughing instead. The whining spell was broken! He asked for what he wanted like a normal human being and all was well in the world. This was nothing short of a miracle, I tell you.

Want my secret? My guess is you might.

Well...I clapped at him. Like smacked my hands together over and over until he stopped whining and started smiling, which took all of 3 seconds. It's sounds (and looks) ridiculous, but it's ridiculously effective so I'm going to stick with it for as long as it produces a smile and eliminates a frown. Who knows, maybe he'll stop whining altogether?! Or maybe it'll backfire and he'll whine just to get clapped at since he seems to think it's so funny.

Either way, I'll keep you posted on its long term effectiveness...and if you try it let me know if it works for you too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Silly!
    But you know..if silly works, I would take it too! Try not to wear it out and I hope it works for a long time to come!
    pw

    ReplyDelete